Summerfest offers several options for family fun this year. Here's a guide to help you navigate the festival, which is June 29-July 3 and July 5-10 at Henry Maier Festival Park, 200 N. Harbor Dr., Milwaukee.
WHEN TO GO
Kids are welcome anytime. Gates open at noon, and the crowds are smaller earlier in the day.
Tuesday, July 5 is Children's Fest Day.
- All patrons arriving between 12 p.m. and 3 p.m. receive FREE admission.
- Be sure to pick up a copy of the Map of Fun and obtain a stamp at each of the locations throughout the festival grounds. Completed maps can be turned in at the South Redemption Area, where you will be entered for a chance to win Family Ticket Package giveaways. Children will receive prizes for participating.
- Enjoy samples from Sentry and Dean's Milk and Ice Cream with a donation to Children's Hospital of Wisconsin.
Sunday, July 3 is Family Day
The first 2,500 patrons who donate three non-perishable food items get free admission. All donation benefit Hunger Task Force.
Saturday, July 9 is Make a Child Smile Day
The first 1,500 patrons who donate children's books for The Betty Brinn Children's Museum receive free admission.
ACTIVITIES + ATTRACTIONS
Kohl's Captivation Station
Each day of Summerfest, families can make art, hear music and watch performers. The Milwaukee Art Museum, the Zoological Society of Milwaukee, Discovery World and Penfield's Children's Center and Kohl's Wild Theater will also be there. The area is open from 12 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Northwestern Mutual Children's Theater & Playzone
Family can enjoy a large play area with jungle gyms and slides as well as performances from magicians, dance groups, jugglers, puppets and more.
The Kids Activity Tent
FREE family activities daily from 12-5 p.m.! Check out the UB The Band experience and F.I.R.S.T Robotics. (There will be a multi-school competition at the Gruber Law Offices SportsZone).
See the sights on a ride on Funjet's Summer-of-Fun Skyglider with views of the festival park and Lake Michigan. One-way and round-trip fares available.
Paddleboat Water Experience
Paddle around part of the lagoon for 30 minutes in boats that hold up to four people. This activity is located at the boat dock on the north end of the grounds and runs from noon to 7 p.m. each day.
Wheel in the Sky
The 80-foot Ferris wheel on the north end of the grounds will run from 12-11:30 p.m. daily. Tickets are $5 per person.
Participate in daily sports demonstrations and clinics from the Milwaukee Bucks, Milwaukee Admirals and the Milwaukee Wave.
Cool down at the Splash Pad and enter to win great prizes at the McDonald's Clubhouse display.
Admission for children 2 and under is FREE and $8 for ages 3-10. Weekday admission is $13. General admission on evenings and weekends is $120. Multi-day passes are available. Also, be sure to check for various free or discounted admission promotions.
Lots open daily at 9 a.m. Preferred parking is $20. Freeway Flyer service is available from various park-ride lots.
WHAT YOU CAN/CAN'T BRING IN
Strollers are allowed everywhere except the Marcus Amphitheater.
Baby food is permitted, but any other food or snacks are not.
Only small bags are permitted, so leave the big diaper bag at home. All bags will be searched before entering.
Sunscreen, bug spray and umbrellas are welcome.
Wagons are not allowed.
In case you and your child get separated, agree in advance on a meeting place. Information centers are located adjacent to all gate areas. Security personnel will be located by all gates and throughout the grounds for assistance.
Columbia St. Mary's is sponsoring a lost children's area near the Mid Gate. The area is secure and checked in by a member of the Summerfest staff. Identifications wristbands are available at all three Summerfest gates for parents to write down contact information.
A family restroom is located on the north wing of the Mid Gate building. The door key is available at the check-in service desk at the Mid Gate.
Drinking fountains are located outside each restroom area and near the Children's area.
First aid stations are located inside the North Gate, inside the South Pavilion and inside the Marcus Amphitheater.
Stroller rental is available for a minimal charge. Rental stations are located on the North, Mid and South gates.
- How to parent a budding surfer (in Wisconsin)
- Summer fun at Milwaukee's lakefront
- Discovery World's new exhibit gives visitors a glimpse into the world of nano
- Weekend Guide: Greek Fest, Cedarburg's Strawberry Festival, free outdoor movies and more
- Bucks host fan block party, arena groundbreaking ceremony
- Finding Dory party at participating Marcus Theatres
- Father's Day Weekend Guide: Lakefront Festival of Art, Polish Fest, Juneteenth Day and more
- Father's Day activities in Milwaukee's parks
- Juneteenth Day celebration set for Sunday
- Flag Day celebration at the Marcus Center for the Performing Arts