We're heading into strawberry season! Southeast Wisconsin has several farms that let you pick your own berries, starting - for the most part - in mid-June. Be sure to contact each location to ensure their berries are ready for picking.
Do you have a favorite spot for picking berries that isn't on our list? Let Liz know at email@example.com or (262) 367-9131.
12246 N. Farmdale Rd., Mequon
(262) 242-2737, barthelfruitfarm.com
3190 County Line Q, Colgate
(262) 628-2626, bassesfarms.com
424 13th Ave., Racine
(262) 498-6648, berryvillefarm.com
Opening day: June 18
5805 Clover Rd., Hartford
N3730 Highway EE, Neosho
Call for times.
N5802 Hwy 151, Beaver Dam
(920) 887-7530, kirschbaums-strawberries.com
Open daily from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. when berries are in season.
1758 Hwy I, Grafton
12422 Farmdale Rd, Mequon
14000 75th St., Bristol
(262) 857-2353, thompsonstrawberryfarm.com
W2364 County Road Y, Mayville
(920) 387-3696, zastrowstrawberries.com
Tentative hours: Monday through Thursday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Friday through Sunday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Nature centers in the Milwaukee area
- How to choose a backyard play set
- 5 reasons to bring your kids to the farmers market
- 5 inexpensive family day trips from Milwaukee
- Free 2016 summer concerts in and around Milwaukee
- A homemade Mother's Day breakfast
- High-tech hide & seek: Geocaching marries technology and nature
- Mother's Day Gift Guide: Shop gifts for mom by age
- A family guide to Milwaukee's Festivals 2016
- Throw the best Star Wars birthday party ever