This holiday bark could not be more adorable. It also frees up valuable oven space, as you only need a microwave or stovetop to prepare it. This recipe is fun for preschoolers and school-age kids. Once you melt the white chocolate and spread it into a rectangle, ask your kids to help sprinkle the snowman’s “accessories” around it. It would also be fun for the kids to prepare the toppings by unwrapping the peanut butter cups and separating the m&m’s by color.
- 1 small bag of mini M&Ms, divided by color (you’ll need brown, orange, red and green)
- 5 mini Reeses peanut butter cups, cut in half
- 10 pretzel sticks, broken in half
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- First prepare the snowman pieces. From the M&Ms, reserve about 2 tablespoons of brown ones and 3 tablespoons of a mix of red and green ones. Reserve 1 tablespoon of orange M&Ms, and cut them in half.
- Melt the white chocolate chips in a glass bowl in the microwave. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir, then microwave in 10 second increments until completely melted. Pour the white chocolate onto wax paper and spread into a rectangle.
- Working quickly, sprinkle the snowman’s pieces all over the rectangle, gently pressing them into the melted chocolate. Use the brown M&Ms for eyes and the red and green ones for buttons. Place 2 of the orange M&M halves in a line to make the snowman’s carrot nose. Allow to dry.