- 1 butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups half and half
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 lb. frozen tortellini
- 8 oz. fresh spinach
- Heat a large stockpot over medium heat and add the butternut squash pieces and water. Cover and bring water to a boil, then lower heat to a simmer. Cook the squash until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain the water and mash the butternut squash with a large fork or potato masher. Stir in the half and half, nutmeg, and cumin. Heat on low.
- Meanwhile, cook the tortellini according to package instructions. Once the tortellini is cooked through, drain and add to the soup.
- Stir in the fresh spinach and cook until wilted, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes.