- Extra virgin olive oil
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 pound turkey sausage
- 10 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk or half and half
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (20-ounce) bag of frozen shredded potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sausage to the skillet and break up with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Once cooked through, remove skillet from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and pour in the shredded potatoes. Pour the sausage mixture over the potatoes and spread evenly.
- Pour the egg mixture over the sausage and top with the shredded cheese. Bake at 375 degrees F for about 45 to 50 minutes.
- If making ahead of time, place casserole in the refrigerator for up to 1 day. Allow to sit at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes before baking.