- 1 pound small butter potatoes, sliced ¼ inch thick
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup chopped asparagus spears
- ½ cup chopped purple onion
- 4 eggs + 2 egg whites
- ½ cup whole wheat flour (may substitute white flour)
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add the sliced potatoes. Cook until browned, about 12 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, asparagus and onion and stir to combine. Cook until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile whisk together the eggs, flour, milk, feta, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Pour the cooked vegetables into a greased pie pan. Pour the egg mixture over the veggies.
- Cook the quiche for about 45 to 50 minutes, until set in the middle.