* 1 pouch microwavable brown rice
* ½ cup dried cranberries
* 2 tbsp. chopped pecans
* Extra virgin olive oil
* 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
* ½ cup apricot preserves
* Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the rice in the microwave. In a medium bowl, combine the cooked rice, cranberries and pecans. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover to keep warm.
2. Heat a medium pan over medium-high heat and coat with olive oil. Lightly salt the chicken breasts and add them to the pan. Cook for 5 minutes, then flip. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until white and cooked through.
3. Remove chicken from the pan, and pour in apricot preserves. Allow preserves and cooking juices to simmer for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Return chicken to the pan and coat with sauce.
4. Divide the rice mixture among 4 plates and top with apricot chicken.