1 medium spaghetti squash
2 yellow onions, peeled and chopped
1 – ½ cups sliced mushrooms
1 – ½ cups tomato sauce
¾ cup water
1 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
½ tsp. pepper
3 eggs, whisked
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F and spray a 9x11 in. baking dish with olive oil cooking spray.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and place cut-side down on a microwavable-safe plate. Microwave on high for 10 minutes, or until tender. Allow to cool.
- Heat 3 tbsp. of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped onions and mushrooms and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add water and cook for an additional 10 minutes, until browned. Use a whisk to scrape up the browned bits in the pan.
- Remove skillet from heat, and add the tomato sauce and spices.
- Using a fork, rake out the “noodles” from the spaghetti squash. Add the noodles to the pan and stir to combine. Pour mixture into the greased baking dish. Pour the whisked eggs over the mixture and stir to combine. Place in the oven uncovered for 40 minutes or until set.