* 1 spaghetti squash
* 1 cup frozen broccoli
* 2 tsp. Italian seasoning,
* Salt and pepper to taste
* 2 chicken sausages, sliced
* 3 laughing cow cheese wedges (I used queso fresco)
* 1/3 cup milk of choice
* ½ cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Carefully slice the spaghetti squash open lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Place cut-side down in a baking dish and fill with an inch of water. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until tender.
2. Meanwhile, fill a saucepan with about a half-inch of water and place over medium heat. Add the broccoli, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook until broccoli is heated through.
3. Once the broccoli is cooked and the water has evaporated, add the sliced chicken sausage. Sauté for 3-4 minutes, until browned. Pour the mixture into a bowl and set aside.
4. Return the pan to medium heat and add the laughing cow cheese wedges, milk and cheese. Stir until cheese is melted and a sauce forms. Add the broccoli-chicken mixture to the pan and switch heat to low, stirring occasionally.
5. Once the spaghetti squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to rake the “noodles” out. Add the noodles to your saucepan and toss to coat. Divide between 2 plates and enjoy!