Highlighting some of the best places for family outdoor fun, Betty Brinn's Children's Museum is hosting its annual Outdoor Resource Fair on Friday.
The free event, which is free and runs from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., will feature 18 organizations, demonstrations, crafts, activities and more, including a special appearance by Smokey Bear and Woodsy Owl.
The Anderson Insect Zoo, presented by Anderson Pest Solutions, will offer kids the chance to see and touch real insects from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. And Schlitz Audubon Nature Center will present its “Beaks and Talons” raptor program at 11:30 a.m. and again at 12 p.m.
Participating organizations are:
- Friends of Boerner Botanical Gardens
- Friends of Hank Aaron State Trail
- Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast
- Havenwoods Environmental Awareness Center
- Hawthorn Glen Outdoor Education Center
- Hike It Baby
- Ice Age Trail Alliance
- Keep Greater Milwaukee Beautiful
- Kidical Mass and Ladies Revolution
- Milwaukee Bicycle Collective
- Milwaukee County Zoo
- Old World Wisconsin
- Riveredge Nature Center
- Schlitz Audubon Nature Center
- U.S.D.A. Forest Service Urban Connections
- U.S. Department of the Interior Bureau of Land Management
- Urban Ecology Center
- Wehr Nature Center
The event is will be held on the first level of the Miller Pavilion at O'Donnell Park, 929 E. Wisconsin Ave., Milwaukee. Betty Brinn is located on the second floor.