Looking for some cheap thrills to do with your kids in the Milwaukee area? Here are 5 cool things to do!
1. Michaels Classes: Kids Programs: If you have a kid who loves arts and crafts, Michael's is the place to go. The craft store has classes for kids several times a week. For just $2, the kids get to produce seasonal make-and-take projects like pom pom bunnies, Mother's Day frames and patriotic cookies. And added bonus -- you get the chance to browse the store in peace while your kids are kept busy! Check out the website for a schedule of classes.
2. Incredi-Roll Rollerskating: The Incredi-Roll rollerskating rink in West Allis, which also has arcade games, laser tag, a bounce house and concessions, has $1 admission on selected Monday nights as well as $5 admission for kids under 12 and their parents on Saturday mornings. Check out their website for more information.
3. Indoor Swimming: The Milwaukee County parks and rec department has two indoor pools -- Pulaski Pool at 2701 S. 16th St. and Noyes Pool at 8235 W. Good Hope Road. Both pools have inexpensive open swim hours -- $4 ages 12 and older and $3 for kids under 12. Check out the website for details.
4. Hiking at Wehr: The Wehr Nature Center at Whitnall Park has several nature trails, a nature center with live animals and kid-friendly activities (not to mention a gift shop) and a nature-based playground. Admission is free; there's just a small parking fee. Check out the website for trail maps.
5. Deals at Kids in Motion: Kids in Motion in New Berlin has playground equipment, toys and lots of great interactive activities for kids. And, although weekday admission is usually $7 per child, Tuesday and Thursday evenings are half-off! Check out the website for details!