Of course St. Nick is responsible for stuffing those stockings during the holiday season. But in some families, Mom and Dad like to help out the big guy a little bit with one or two extra special things on Christmas morning.
If that's the case in your house, and you're stumped for ideas, here are a few fun ideas for stocking stuffers.
1. Mini LEGO sets: The big LEGO sets are a bit too huge to fit into a stocking, but there are lots of fun mini sets, or even minifigures, that fit inside the stocking. Bonus -- they're simple enough that even younger kids will be able to put them together themselves without a lot of frustration.
2. Healthy faves: Who says candy has to be the only edible treat in the kids' stockings? We're not suggesting you be all Grinchy by putting celery or kale in the stockings, but you know your kids love snacks that aren't completely sugar-laden. Maybe pretzels, Pirate's Booty, or holiday-shaped Goldfish crackers.
3. Old-school toys: Bypass the superhero and princess-themed everything, and go nostalgic. How about Silly Putty, yo-yos, or Slinkys? You'll have as much fun playing as your kids!
4. Totes adorbs companions: Find a wonderfully squishy, furry and adorable mini stuffed animal to add to the festive fun. Think something along the lines of Disney's Tsum Tsums.
5. Special tree adornments: Think about what your kid is totally into this year. Is it a particular movie, a game, or a favorite animal? Get an ornament with that theme, and every year when your child puts that ornament on the tree, he'll remember the year he could speak of nothing except Paw Patrol!