It's nice to go out with your special someone for Valentine's Day, but if the cards aren't in your favor this year, here are some ideas to celebrate at home after the kids are in bed.
1. Create your own wine bar and charcuterie plate or cheese plate.
2. Play the Newlywed game. You can ask each other questions to see who know who best. Find sample questions at newlywedgamequestions.com.
3. Slumber party! Put on your pajamas and lounge around on pillows and blanket, talking and enjoy a glass of wine.
4. Paint portraits of each other. You can even use your kids' craft supplies!
5. Bake something yummy together, such as chocolate brownies. Eat all of them before the kids know they were even in the house.
6. Take a walk down memory lane. Go through photo albums from when you first met or from you wedding and share your favorite memoriesl
7. It's all about the movie. Pick your favorite movie and plan the evening around it. For example, if you plan to watch The Godfather, cook up your favorite Italian dish. If you opt for a sports-themed movie, go for hot dogs and nachos while wearing your favorite jerseys.
8. Game night. Scrabble, Trivia Pursuit or maybe Twister?
9. Write each other love letters. You know, with real paper and pens. They, read them to each other. The can be keepsakes for years to come.
10. Bubble bath for two. Need we say more?