For the last 30 years, the sky above the Milwaukee lakefront has been home to hundreds of kites over Memorial Day weekend.
The Wilde Subaru Family Kite Festival is set to take place on Saturday, May 27 and Sunday, May 28 at Veterans Park in Milwaukee.
There will be tons to entertain the kids at the festival, including the following:
- Free kites to the first 100 kids to participate in the Kids Mad Dash, where kids will be invited to launch their kites all at the same time
- A Grand Launch of more than 600 kites
- Performances by the Fabulous Windjammers, a precision kite-flying team
- The flight of several giant kites, including the well-known giant octopus
- Kite-flying lessons
- The opportunity to buy food, drinks, ice cream and kites at Gift of Wings
Hours for the free kite festival are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday. Check out giftofwings.com for more information.