It's always fun to do something different, and what's more out-of-the-ordinary than getting the chance to visit the zoo at night?
That's what families have the opportunity to do on April 28 during the Zoological Society's annual fundraiser Zootastic.
The theme this year is the five senses, and folks at the zoo are emphasizing what you can experience with each of your senses.
- You'll SEE animals of course. You also get to have a photo of your family taken so you'll get to SEE your evening at the zoo in the years to come.
- You'll HEAR animal experts answering questions you have, as education will be a key focus of the event.
- You'll also HEAR music, as the event will feature a kid-friendly DJ.
- There will be plenty of food options, from Noodles & Company to Fresh Thyme Farmers Market to Cedar Crest Ice Cream. So, yeah, lots of opportunities to both SMELL and TASTE!
- And, perhaps the coolest thing for kids eager for hands-on interactive experiences is the opportunity to TOUCH both animals and animal-related items like pelts and training balls.
Zootastic will take place Friday, April 28 from 5 to 9 p.m. at the Milwaukee County Zoo at 10001 W. Bluemound Road. The cost is $80 for a family of four, or $20 per child and $30 per person ages 13 and up. And, because this is a fundraiser, your fee is tax-deductible.
Check out the Zoological Society's website for more information.