Jennifer Diliberti-Shea, public relations coordinator at the Milwaukee County Zoo, thinks the zoo's classes, exhibits and activities are a great example of edu-tainment -- the idea of teaching kids through fun. The point is to build an experience kids enjoy so much that they don't even realize they're getting an education.
And those edu-tainment opportunities aren't confined to the zoo.
Diliberti-Shea, who first hear the term edu-tainment when she worked at the Milwaukee Public Museum, tells the story of her sister-in-law visiting with her child on vacation from Hawaii.
She was thrilled with all there was to do with her child in metro Milwaukee. Diliberti-Shea says, "She still raves about Milwaukee and all that it has to offer for families!" Yes, you read that right -- people who live in HAWAII are excited to travel here because there's so much for kids to do!
Click on the links to see some of the most edu-taining destinations for families in Southeast Wisconsin!
- Have fun learning at Milwaukee Public Museum and Discovery World!
- Get smart with art: 3 places to get an artsy education
- Play to learn: 2 Southeast Wisconsin educational play destinations
- Get nurtured by nature: 3 outdoor edu-tainment destinations
- Get your hands dirty at these unique hands-on learning experiences
- Reading is FUN-da-mental: 3 reasons to hang out at Southeast Wisconsin libraries
- Crafty science: Get edu-tained with this crazy craft!