Make fun designs with fruit and vegetables.
Fabric or paper (T-shirt material used here)
Scrap paper or cardboard
Fabric paint or tempera paint depending on printing surface
Assorted produce such as:
Knife, plastic or metal
Stamp pads made from:
Pre-cut produce or assist child with cutting as needed
· Select fabric or paper, iron as needed.
· Create your own stamps by cutting designs into produce or simply cut produce in half.
· Plan design and test stamps on scrap fabric
· Create stamp pads by cutting felt rectangles and placing on foam trays. When ready to stamp, place small about of paint onto tray.
· Press stamp into paint on stamp pad 2-3 times then press onto fabric with firm pressure (Hint: Avoid rocking the stamp back and forth).
· Hang to dry 72 hours or as paint directs.
Kelcey Kalumbula is the mom of three and owner of Cloud 9 Workshop, featuring social craft nights and kids' parties. Learn more at cloud9workshop.com.