Quick Links

Day care /pre-K in Bay View

Hi,
We are moving to Bay View this summer (2013) with our 2 1/2 year-old, and we're hoping to find a good day care or pre-k nearby. We'll be living near Bay View public library.

We'd love a Montessori program, but know there is a waiting list for the DMA and my son's birthday falls late in the year after their cut-off date, so regardless, we have to come up with something until he'd be able to attend that.

We're not religious and don't want any religious pressure, but a religiously run day care could be okay if it's open-minded and relaxed. Good outdoors space would be great.

Thanks so much.

Yaran

6 Comments for "Day care /pre-K in Bay View"

1. Hi Yaran

My name is Julie, I am expecting my fourth child in July. Two of my girls will be in school full time in the Fall. I am currently unemployed and was contemplating babysitting, I know of a few moms who it works well for. We live close to many parks, a wading pool, we enjoy going to the zoo and a kiddy beach in Muskego and Brookfield. Contact me if you are interested. It would be at my house, I live on the boarder of Milwaukee/Wauwatosa. Call me at 414-628-0521. I think that I child would work out well.

Julie

jwichgers May 31, 2013 9:13 AM

Private Message

2. Howard Avenue Montessori is right there on Howard Avenue. But, you will need to wait until this coming winter to apply through Milwaukee Public Schools.
    I had looked at Prince of Peach daycare on Howell Avenue and liked it a lot as well as a Mary Lindmeier daycare closer to you in bayview off Clement just south of Oklahoma - we would have gone with this one had he not gotten into Montessori.

bwmom May 31, 2013 3:04 PM

Private Message

3. bwmom ,I just had to laugh at Prince of Peach :) :)

schmootzie Jun 01, 2013 6:37 PM

Private Message

4. Thanks for all these suggestions! We do want a day care/pre-K not a baby sitter since we want a more gradual transition to a school environment.

Yaran--

Yaran Jun 05, 2013 1:07 PM

Private Message

5. Our daughter attends A Child's Place in Bayview and we LOVE it. It is in the basement of a church but is not religious. Please message me if you would like more information ??)

ajstoffel Jun 09, 2013 7:50 AM

Private Message

6. My 3-1/2 yr old son attends Loving Start Preschool in Bay View (www.lovingstartpreschool.org) and we just love it - so does he! The teachers are wonderful and he has really grown and learned a lot. He knows his entire alphabet (the song and recognizing all letters), all colors / shapes, and can count and recognize 1-30 and is interested in telling time. They also do a lot of art, free play, and climber room time :)

firelily301 Jul 14, 2013 2:12 PM

Private Message

Limit of 2000 characters,  characters remaining

Topic Preview

Discussion guidelines | Privacy policy | Terms of use

Please login to post a comment.

Wednesday
68°
Partly Cloudy
WEATHER SPONSORED BY:

Advertisement

Advertisement

Reader poll

The ability to access technology and communicate hands-free using smartglasses certainly appeals to parents. Get the lowdown on Google Glass from metroparent's Plugged in Parent.

Would you buy smartglasses, such as Google Glass?

No, it's just a fad.

No, another gadget for distraction is not what we need.

I'm interested, but I'll wait to see if the technology catches on.

Yes, it's the latest and greatest gadget.

latest events Sponsored By:

KidsPlay

Postive Parenting

Bugs on the Balcony Exhibit

The World of Little House

Farm-to-Table Adventure Camp at Old World Wisconsin

Advertisement

Deal Watch - Milwaukee

Milwaukee's Best Discounts & Deals

Metroparent

E-mail Newsletter

Receive the latest parenting news, blogs, events and more from Metroparent every Monday morning.

Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter
Get the Newsletter!

Login or Register to manage all your newsletter preferences.