Quick Links

Day care /pre-K in Bay View

Hi,
We are moving to Bay View this summer (2013) with our 2 1/2 year-old, and we're hoping to find a good day care or pre-k nearby. We'll be living near Bay View public library.

We'd love a Montessori program, but know there is a waiting list for the DMA and my son's birthday falls late in the year after their cut-off date, so regardless, we have to come up with something until he'd be able to attend that.

We're not religious and don't want any religious pressure, but a religiously run day care could be okay if it's open-minded and relaxed. Good outdoors space would be great.

Thanks so much.

Yaran

6 Comments for "Day care /pre-K in Bay View"

1. Hi Yaran

My name is Julie, I am expecting my fourth child in July. Two of my girls will be in school full time in the Fall. I am currently unemployed and was contemplating babysitting, I know of a few moms who it works well for. We live close to many parks, a wading pool, we enjoy going to the zoo and a kiddy beach in Muskego and Brookfield. Contact me if you are interested. It would be at my house, I live on the boarder of Milwaukee/Wauwatosa. Call me at 414-628-0521. I think that I child would work out well.

Julie

jwichgers May 31, 2013 9:13 AM

Private Message

2. Howard Avenue Montessori is right there on Howard Avenue. But, you will need to wait until this coming winter to apply through Milwaukee Public Schools.
    I had looked at Prince of Peach daycare on Howell Avenue and liked it a lot as well as a Mary Lindmeier daycare closer to you in bayview off Clement just south of Oklahoma - we would have gone with this one had he not gotten into Montessori.

bwmom May 31, 2013 3:04 PM

Private Message

3. bwmom ,I just had to laugh at Prince of Peach :) :)

schmootzie Jun 01, 2013 6:37 PM

Private Message

4. Thanks for all these suggestions! We do want a day care/pre-K not a baby sitter since we want a more gradual transition to a school environment.

Yaran--

Yaran Jun 05, 2013 1:07 PM

Private Message

5. Our daughter attends A Child's Place in Bayview and we LOVE it. It is in the basement of a church but is not religious. Please message me if you would like more information ??)

ajstoffel Jun 09, 2013 7:50 AM

Private Message

6. My 3-1/2 yr old son attends Loving Start Preschool in Bay View (www.lovingstartpreschool.org) and we just love it - so does he! The teachers are wonderful and he has really grown and learned a lot. He knows his entire alphabet (the song and recognizing all letters), all colors / shapes, and can count and recognize 1-30 and is interested in telling time. They also do a lot of art, free play, and climber room time :)

firelily301 Jul 14, 2013 2:12 PM

Private Message

Limit of 2000 characters,  characters remaining

Topic Preview

Discussion guidelines | Privacy policy | Terms of use

Please login to post a comment.

Sunday
65°
Cloudy
WEATHER SPONSORED BY:

Advertisement

Advertisement

Reader poll

Baby on the way? Check out Metroparent's top 10 baby items you can live without.

Which of the following baby items do you think is a waste of money?

Wipe warmers

Bottle warmers

Diaper pails

Pee-pee tee-pees

Shoes

latest events Sponsored By:

Uncommon Folk: Traditions in American Art

Win a Spring Make Over and Benefit The Women's Center

67th Annual Ozaukee Co Art Show and Sale

The Nursery and Garden Shop exhibit

Smokey Bear and Woodsy Owl: Home Sweet Home exhibit

Advertisement