Quick Links

Back-to-school shopping

This Journal Sentinel article [url]http://tinyurl.com/kaa4xtv[/url] says the average family with school-age children spends about $635 on clothes, shoes, supplies and electronics! Yikes!

There’s not much I can do about the clothes (although I did once try to convince my daughter that she should try to pass off her outgrown jeans as Capri pants), but I have started cutting corners on those school supply lists. Instead of eight large glue sticks, I buy the skinny ones. And my kids have never used all those notebooks they said they needed, so we'll just use those leftovers next year.

How do you save on back to school shopping?

Limit of 2000 characters,  characters remaining

Topic Preview

Discussion guidelines | Privacy policy | Terms of use

Please login to post a comment.

Saturday
69°
Foggy
WEATHER SPONSORED BY:

Advertisement

Advertisement

Reader poll

A Waukesha school committee denied a parent's request to ban 'The Kite Runner' and 'Chinese Handcuff' from the Waukesha School District. The parent claims the books are filled with "extreme violence," according to a report from Waukesha Now.

Do you think books containing violence, rape, suicide and other sensitive subjects should be removed from school shelves?

Yes

No

I don't know.

latest events Sponsored By:

The Real Estate Office exhibit

Playdium - nines at the River Club of Mequon

Location: PLAYDIUM - nines at the River Club of Mequon - Mequon

Milwaukee Warriors Youth Football Team

2014 Parade of Homes

Dancercise Kids Saturdays!!

Advertisement

Deal Watch - Milwaukee

Milwaukee's Best Discounts & Deals

Metroparent

E-mail Newsletter

Receive the latest parenting news, blogs, events and more from Metroparent every Monday morning.

Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter
Get the Newsletter!

Login or Register to manage all your newsletter preferences.