Quick Links

summer road trip

My husband and I would love to take our 3yr old daughter on a road trip this summer but we don't know where to go. Have you taken a road trip with your child(ren) or are you planning a trip this summer? Any suggestions would be very helpful.

2 Comments for "summer road trip"

1. Camping is always a must for us every summer. It doesn't cost a lot to go camping and they have sites everywhere. Just remember that if you go on the weekend you really need to book farther in advance. The hot spots of camping fill up quickly. Otherwise if you don't mind some crowds the Dells are good too. The big resorts have water-parks that have smaller kid items, however it is more costly.

rcbialek9 Mar 30, 2013 3:18 PM

Private Message

2. We just took a trip with our 2 1/2 year old son. It was great! We went to the Smoky Mountains, Asheville area. It's a 10 hour trip. We stopped in Louisville- toured Kentucky Derby and Lousiville Slugger (free little bat for taking tour). We left at 3 am- our son slept about 3 hours in the car and then it was only 2 hrs to Louisville. Then we left at nap time which he slept for about 2.5. Then it was another 2.5. We brought stickers, markers, books on tape, books, looked at pictures and videos of himself, watched curious george. On our way home we stopped in Cincinatti for a Reds baseball game.

The trip was great. Asheville is such a fun city! The smoky mountains are beautiful and free :)

You could also drive south to Springfield- Lincoln's home, St. Louis area, or mammoth caves national park

Last summer, I flew with my son to Kansas city- kid friendly with Legoland, Sealife, Crayola cafe, and lots of parks.

Sunnylady Apr 05, 2013 9:50 PM

Private Message

Limit of 2000 characters,  characters remaining

Topic Preview

Discussion guidelines | Privacy policy | Terms of use

Please login to post a comment.

Monday
63°
Cloudy
WEATHER SPONSORED BY:

Advertisement

Advertisement

Reader poll

Baby on the way? Check out Metroparent's top 10 baby items you can live without.

Which of the following baby items do you think is a waste of money?

Wipe warmers

Bottle warmers

Diaper pails

Pee-pee tee-pees

Shoes

latest events Sponsored By:

It’s in the Bank

67th Annual Ozaukee Co Art Show and Sale

The Nursery and Garden Shop exhibit

Open Enrollment for Morning Mommy & Me Session

Open Enrollment for AM Pre-Ballet Classes Ages 3-7

Advertisement