Among the top choices is the name Miller.
Although the number of children born last year named Miller is modest (178, according to the site), several celebrities have chosen the name, including Stella McCartney, Melissa Ethridge, Scott Wolf and Tea Leoni and David Duchovny.
The name Miller is an English occupational name meaning "grinder of grain." It's most commonly seen as a surname.
Of course, as Milwaukeeians, the name Miller is associated first with the Miller Brewing Company, founded in 1855 by Frederick Miller.
This begs the question: As a resident of the Milwaukee area or Wisconsin, for that matter, would you ever consider naming your child Miller?
Famous people named Miller include:
- Miller Reese Hutchinson, American inventor
- Kyd Miller Duchovny, son of David Duchovny and Tea Leoni
- Miller Mack Gardner, son of Yankees outfielder Brett Garner
- Miller Alasdhair James Willis, son of Stella McCartney and Alasdhair Willis
- 6 kid-friendly spring hikes in Milwaukee and southeast Wisconsin
- Celebrate World Penguin Day at the Milwaukee County Zoo
- Milwaukee Rep is accepting children applicants for A Christmas Carol
- Earth Day events in the Milwaukee area
- A Weekend in Chicago: Family fun in the Windy City
- A revamped, refreshed Kohl's Cares exhibit opens Monday at Betty Brinn Children's Museum
- How much should you pay your sitter?
- Busy parents, coaches turn to apps to manage youth athletics
- The busy mom’s guide to a clean, organized home
- 2015 Easter Egg Hunts and Easter Bunny meet-ups in the Milwaukee area