Among the top choices is the name Miller.
Although the number of children born last year named Miller is modest (178, according to the site), several celebrities have chosen the name, including Stella McCartney, Melissa Ethridge, Scott Wolf and Tea Leoni and David Duchovny.
The name Miller is an English occupational name meaning "grinder of grain." It's most commonly seen as a surname.
Of course, as Milwaukeeians, the name Miller is associated first with the Miller Brewing Company, founded in 1855 by Frederick Miller.
This begs the question: As a resident of the Milwaukee area or Wisconsin, for that matter, would you ever consider naming your child Miller?
Famous people named Miller include:
- Miller Reese Hutchinson, American inventor
- Kyd Miller Duchovny, son of David Duchovny and Tea Leoni
- Miller Mack Gardner, son of Yankees outfielder Brett Garner
- Miller Alasdhair James Willis, son of Stella McCartney and Alasdhair Willis
- Win tickets to see Thomas the Tank Engine in Green Bay
- Scheduled vs laid-back summer: Balancing activities with simple summertime fun
- Reduce vacation strain: Tips to lessen the stress of a family vacation
- New Cesarean option allows for immediate skin-to-skin care
- Milwaukee Ballet's "ALICE" features more than 100 child dancers
- Hike It Baby offers families easy outdoor adventures
- 2016 Milwaukee County Parks Traveling Beer Garden™ tour
- Outdoor summer movies in and around Milwaukee
- The rise in twin births
- Self care when your child has special needs