Among the top choices is the name Miller.
Although the number of children born last year named Miller is modest (178, according to the site), several celebrities have chosen the name, including Stella McCartney, Melissa Ethridge, Scott Wolf and Tea Leoni and David Duchovny.
The name Miller is an English occupational name meaning "grinder of grain." It's most commonly seen as a surname.
Of course, as Milwaukeeians, the name Miller is associated first with the Miller Brewing Company, founded in 1855 by Frederick Miller.
This begs the question: As a resident of the Milwaukee area or Wisconsin, for that matter, would you ever consider naming your child Miller?
Famous people named Miller include:
- Miller Reese Hutchinson, American inventor
- Kyd Miller Duchovny, son of David Duchovny and Tea Leoni
- Miller Mack Gardner, son of Yankees outfielder Brett Garner
- Miller Alasdhair James Willis, son of Stella McCartney and Alasdhair Willis
- Beyond the mall: 12 places to see Santa
- Let's say goodbye to mommy wars
- New clinic in Delafield helps girls navigate today's tough challenges
- 2 nonprofits strive to teach kids how to give back
- Planning to dine out for Thanksgiving? Here's where to go in the Milwaukee area
- Explore 2015 Trainfest at the Wisconsin State Fair Park
- 7 places in Wisconsin to learn about, see and ride trains
- November: Our top picks for local family fun
- 7 successful mompreneurs in the Milwaukee area
- Kicking the fast food habit