Among the top choices is the name Miller.
Although the number of children born last year named Miller is modest (178, according to the site), several celebrities have chosen the name, including Stella McCartney, Melissa Ethridge, Scott Wolf and Tea Leoni and David Duchovny.
The name Miller is an English occupational name meaning "grinder of grain." It's most commonly seen as a surname.
Of course, as Milwaukeeians, the name Miller is associated first with the Miller Brewing Company, founded in 1855 by Frederick Miller.
This begs the question: As a resident of the Milwaukee area or Wisconsin, for that matter, would you ever consider naming your child Miller?
Famous people named Miller include:
- Miller Reese Hutchinson, American inventor
- Kyd Miller Duchovny, son of David Duchovny and Tea Leoni
- Miller Mack Gardner, son of Yankees outfielder Brett Garner
- Miller Alasdhair James Willis, son of Stella McCartney and Alasdhair Willis
- New breeds of dinosaurs to invade Milwaukee!
- 16 Super Bowl recipe ideas from Cooking with Carrie
- Train-themed restaurants in Wisconsin, Chicagoland
- Five February date night ideas in the Milwaukee area
- 4 homemade food gifts for Valentine's Day
- February: Top picks for family fun in the Milwaukee area
- Raising boys: The challenges of parenting tomorrow's men
- Affordable family fun at the Great Lakes Pet Expo
- Day trip ideas to beat winter boredom
- 2016 Garden Train Show at The Domes features giant monsters