Among the top choices is the name Miller.
Although the number of children born last year named Miller is modest (178, according to the site), several celebrities have chosen the name, including Stella McCartney, Melissa Ethridge, Scott Wolf and Tea Leoni and David Duchovny.
The name Miller is an English occupational name meaning "grinder of grain." It's most commonly seen as a surname.
Of course, as Milwaukeeians, the name Miller is associated first with the Miller Brewing Company, founded in 1855 by Frederick Miller.
This begs the question: As a resident of the Milwaukee area or Wisconsin, for that matter, would you ever consider naming your child Miller?
Famous people named Miller include:
- Miller Reese Hutchinson, American inventor
- Kyd Miller Duchovny, son of David Duchovny and Tea Leoni
- Miller Mack Gardner, son of Yankees outfielder Brett Garner
- Miller Alasdhair James Willis, son of Stella McCartney and Alasdhair Willis
- 6 ways to help your child stay organized
- 10 things to do for free or under $5 this winter with kids in the Milwaukee area
- 20 ways to embrace winter inside and out
- Learning to ski along with the kids
- Throw a fabulous "Frozen" birthday party on a budget
- MLK celebrations in the Milwaukee area
- 8 things to do in the snow
- Thank you notes: 6 simple ways to get kids to put pen to paper
- Playgroups in the Milwaukee area
- Your guide to holiday events, performances, Santa visits and more in the Milwaukee area