Among the top choices is the name Miller.
Although the number of children born last year named Miller is modest (178, according to the site), several celebrities have chosen the name, including Stella McCartney, Melissa Ethridge, Scott Wolf and Tea Leoni and David Duchovny.
The name Miller is an English occupational name meaning "grinder of grain." It's most commonly seen as a surname.
Of course, as Milwaukeeians, the name Miller is associated first with the Miller Brewing Company, founded in 1855 by Frederick Miller.
This begs the question: As a resident of the Milwaukee area or Wisconsin, for that matter, would you ever consider naming your child Miller?
Famous people named Miller include:
- Miller Reese Hutchinson, American inventor
- Kyd Miller Duchovny, son of David Duchovny and Tea Leoni
- Miller Mack Gardner, son of Yankees outfielder Brett Garner
- Miller Alasdhair James Willis, son of Stella McCartney and Alasdhair Willis
- Summer fun at Milwaukee's lakefront
- How to parent a budding surfer (in Wisconsin)
- 3 steps for transitioning between activities with toddlers
- Beaches in and around Milwaukee
- Oak Creek girl becomes avatar in educational game
- It means you always keep riding
- Pick your own strawberries in southeast Wisconsin!
- Free admission for dads on Father's Day
- 17 activities for an unforgettable vacation at home
- June: Free days at top Milwaukee attractions