Among the top choices is the name Miller.
Although the number of children born last year named Miller is modest (178, according to the site), several celebrities have chosen the name, including Stella McCartney, Melissa Ethridge, Scott Wolf and Tea Leoni and David Duchovny.
The name Miller is an English occupational name meaning "grinder of grain." It's most commonly seen as a surname.
Of course, as Milwaukeeians, the name Miller is associated first with the Miller Brewing Company, founded in 1855 by Frederick Miller.
This begs the question: As a resident of the Milwaukee area or Wisconsin, for that matter, would you ever consider naming your child Miller?
Famous people named Miller include:
- Miller Reese Hutchinson, American inventor
- Kyd Miller Duchovny, son of David Duchovny and Tea Leoni
- Miller Mack Gardner, son of Yankees outfielder Brett Garner
- Miller Alasdhair James Willis, son of Stella McCartney and Alasdhair Willis
- Fall stargazing with kids
- 4 must-do family events for October in Milwaukee
- Holiday Train to make a new stop this year in Wauwatosa
- DIY sweet and simple baby Halloween costumes
- Junior fashion designers to showcase their creations at Milwaukee Fashion Week
- A fall weekend in Door County
- Milwaukee-area restaurants where kids eat free or for cheap
- 4 fall festivals in Wisconsin worth the drive
- 5 things to do before summer officially ends
- Riveredge Nature Center offers free family membership to all area fourth graders