Among the top choices is the name Miller.
Although the number of children born last year named Miller is modest (178, according to the site), several celebrities have chosen the name, including Stella McCartney, Melissa Ethridge, Scott Wolf and Tea Leoni and David Duchovny.
The name Miller is an English occupational name meaning "grinder of grain." It's most commonly seen as a surname.
Of course, as Milwaukeeians, the name Miller is associated first with the Miller Brewing Company, founded in 1855 by Frederick Miller.
This begs the question: As a resident of the Milwaukee area or Wisconsin, for that matter, would you ever consider naming your child Miller?
Famous people named Miller include:
- Miller Reese Hutchinson, American inventor
- Kyd Miller Duchovny, son of David Duchovny and Tea Leoni
- Miller Mack Gardner, son of Yankees outfielder Brett Garner
- Miller Alasdhair James Willis, son of Stella McCartney and Alasdhair Willis
- September: Top family events in and around Milwaukee
- From STEM to STEAM: Does the "A" make a difference?
- Lesser-known facts about Milwaukee's top family destinations
- Parenting teens, toddlers not so different
- 10 easy on-the-go breakfasts
- Tips for talking about race
- 7 things to do with kids in Milwaukee before school starts
- More than 1 million people attend State Fair for third straight year
- Is virtual school a good match for your child?
- Things to do for free or under $5 in the Milwaukee area with kids (4)