Among the top choices is the name Miller.
Although the number of children born last year named Miller is modest (178, according to the site), several celebrities have chosen the name, including Stella McCartney, Melissa Ethridge, Scott Wolf and Tea Leoni and David Duchovny.
The name Miller is an English occupational name meaning "grinder of grain." It's most commonly seen as a surname.
Of course, as Milwaukeeians, the name Miller is associated first with the Miller Brewing Company, founded in 1855 by Frederick Miller.
This begs the question: As a resident of the Milwaukee area or Wisconsin, for that matter, would you ever consider naming your child Miller?
Famous people named Miller include:
- Miller Reese Hutchinson, American inventor
- Kyd Miller Duchovny, son of David Duchovny and Tea Leoni
- Miller Mack Gardner, son of Yankees outfielder Brett Garner
- Miller Alasdhair James Willis, son of Stella McCartney and Alasdhair Willis
- Metroparent's top picks for local family fun in May
- Let the fun begin: Opening days for top family seasonal destinations in Wisconsin
- The rise in twin births
- Self care when your child has special needs
- 2016 Mother's Day Brunch Guide for the Milwaukee area
- Royal Family KIDS Camp: Nurturing Milwaukee's foster care kids through fun
- Earth Day events in the Milwaukee area
- Family fun in the Twin Cities
- Let's go fly a kite: Gift of Wings sends kid fun soaring
- Get Milwaukee-themed emojis from OnMilwaukee