Among the top choices is the name Miller.
Although the number of children born last year named Miller is modest (178, according to the site), several celebrities have chosen the name, including Stella McCartney, Melissa Ethridge, Scott Wolf and Tea Leoni and David Duchovny.
The name Miller is an English occupational name meaning "grinder of grain." It's most commonly seen as a surname.
Of course, as Milwaukeeians, the name Miller is associated first with the Miller Brewing Company, founded in 1855 by Frederick Miller.
This begs the question: As a resident of the Milwaukee area or Wisconsin, for that matter, would you ever consider naming your child Miller?
Famous people named Miller include:
- Miller Reese Hutchinson, American inventor
- Kyd Miller Duchovny, son of David Duchovny and Tea Leoni
- Miller Mack Gardner, son of Yankees outfielder Brett Garner
- Miller Alasdhair James Willis, son of Stella McCartney and Alasdhair Willis
- The busy mom’s guide to a clean, organized home
- 2015 Easter Egg Hunts and Easter Bunny meet-ups in the Milwaukee area
- Gigi's Playhouse, a nonprofit serving those with Down syndrome, opens in Fox Point
- Airport to unveil 3 lactation stations for nursing moms
- Greater Milwaukee Foundation announces next gift to the community
- First Stage announces its 2015-2016 season
- St. Patrick's Day celebrations in Milwaukee and the surrounding communities
- National Pi Day: Celebrate math (and pie!)
- Robotics clubs connect girls to STEM
- March Camp Guide: Find the best camp for your child this summer