Among the top choices is the name Miller.
Although the number of children born last year named Miller is modest (178, according to the site), several celebrities have chosen the name, including Stella McCartney, Melissa Ethridge, Scott Wolf and Tea Leoni and David Duchovny.
The name Miller is an English occupational name meaning "grinder of grain." It's most commonly seen as a surname.
Of course, as Milwaukeeians, the name Miller is associated first with the Miller Brewing Company, founded in 1855 by Frederick Miller.
This begs the question: As a resident of the Milwaukee area or Wisconsin, for that matter, would you ever consider naming your child Miller?
Famous people named Miller include:
- Miller Reese Hutchinson, American inventor
- Kyd Miller Duchovny, son of David Duchovny and Tea Leoni
- Miller Mack Gardner, son of Yankees outfielder Brett Garner
- Miller Alasdhair James Willis, son of Stella McCartney and Alasdhair Willis
- Out & About: July's top family events in and around Milwaukee
- Top 10 family camping spots in Wisconsin
- July 4 fireworks and parade guide for the Milwaukee area
- Pick your own strawberries!
- Summer beach books for kids
- 10 things to do in Madison with kids
- Waves of Fun: Where to splash and swim in and around Milwaukee
- The best ice cream, frozen custard and gelato in the Milwaukee area (1)
- Oconomowoc celebrates a decade of movies in the park
- 6 dairy-centric things to do during National Dairy Month